Medical Research Results For Sun Ancon Chi Machine
Flinders University, Adelaide (part of Australia’s Department of Health, Faculty of Health Sciences School of Medicine) developed a medical research project starting June 15, 2000, at the request of Hsin Ten Enterprise Australia. The project was meant to look into the benefits of the Chi Machine, especially for those suffering from Secondary Lymphoedema and Venous Oedema, but the results also showed an improved condition of the people with no medical problems participating in the research.
The project was lead by Professor Neil Piller, one of the world’s leading lymphologists, who has presented and published over 300 works and is strongly committed to education and awareness programs. He was assisted by a team of highly professional people during the clinical trial including: Ms Amanda Moseley (Research Officer) – Mr Adrian Esterman (Biostatistician and Clinical Epidemiologist) Associate Professor Colin Carati (Anatomist) – Mr Brian Bridger (Bio-medical Engineer) Dr Jack Walsh (Vascular Surgeon) – Dr Stephen Birrell (Surgeon).
Secondary Lymphoedema of the legs affects 30% of people after surgery and radiotherapy. Venous Oedema affects 5% of the adult population. Both result in swelling, discomfort and can interfere with the quality of life. Conventional treatment is expensive and ongoing, with little patient control. There is no good cure for either condition.
The goal of the study was to find and test the effectiveness of a treatment that would be convenient, affordable, effective and able to empower sufferers.
Venous Oedema Patients:
The participants were both male and female with an average age of 59 years. Over 50% of them had problems in both legs due to varicose veins, vascular disease and previous (not active) deep vein thrombosis.
Secondary Lymphoedema Patients:
The participants were both male and female, their lymphoedema being predominantly caused through cancer surgery related to bowel, cervical, prostate cancer or melanoma. Over 45% had lymphoedema in both legs.
Both groups generally continued other treatments at the same time such as support stockings, massage therapy, laser therapy and simple elevation.
What the study consisted of:
a) Patients were recruited through advertising and out-patient clinics.
b) Trial included 20 normal participants.
c) Machines were taken home and used for 3 weeks using the following regime:
-5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the afternoon for the first 2 days;
-8 minutes in the morning and 8 minutes in the afternoon starting the 3rd day through the 7th;
-12 minutes in the morning and 12 minutes in the afternoon starting on the 8th day through the 21st.
d) Objective measurements were taken weekly and one month follow up post treatment.
Some 2,000 data bits were collected from each patient before, during and after each visit.
What measurements were taken and how:
a) Questionnaires: People were asked how their legs felt and how this affected the quality of their life.
b) Tonometry: The hardness of the tissue was measured.
c) Perometry: The leg circumference and fluid volume was measured.
d) Bioimpedence: The body composition and the fluid within the legs were analyzed.
e) Lymphoscintigraphy: The lymphatic system function was evaluated.
f) Blood pressure, pulse, blood test, blood flow were measured.
Benefits people can expect to receive from using the Sun Ancon Chi Machine are listed below.
Results for people with no medical problems:
1. A slight reduction in fluids to the limbs. The group with normal healthy legs experienced a reduction of 1.52 oz/ 45 ml in fluids over the 3 week period.
2. A reduction in weight. The group with normal healthy legs lost an average of 1.32 lb/ 0.6 kg over three weeks. This is a significant amount over such a small period.
3. A reduction in percentage body fat.
Results for people with secondary lymphoedema due to lymph damage and those with venous oedema through venous insufficiency:
1. A significant reduction in limb volume and circumference. Extra-cellular fluid for the group with secondary lymphoedema fell over the three week period. At the one month follow up the fluids had risen but were not back to their original levels.
2. A significant loss of oedema fluid from the limbs. The group with venous oedema experienced a reduction of 14.87 oz/ 440 mls in leg fluid over the three week period. Although fluid levels had increased at the one month follow up, they were not back to their original levels.
3. A significant loss of weight. Average weight loss for the group with venous oedema was 3.19 lb/ 1.45 kgs over the three week period. This remained stable at the one month follow up. Of those with secondary lymphoedema, average weight loss was 1.10 lb/ 0.5 kgs and this remained stable at the one month follow up.
4. A reduction in percentage body fat.
5. An improvement in lymphatic drainage. Lymphoscintigraphy showed a marked improvement in lymphatic function.
6. A significant improvement in subjective symptoms. Most participants reported a reduction in pain, tightness, heaviness, skin dryness, limb size difference, cramps, pins and needles, burning feeling and temperature difference.
7. A satisfaction with the treatment and an improvement in the quality of life. Most participants (88%) were satisfied with the treatment regime. There were definite improvements with the feeling of control participants had over their condition, their range of movement, the positive impact they experienced with daily life, and an increase in their ability to exercise.
The conclusion of Professor Piller and Flinders Medical University after analyzing the complete data is that used on a frequent basis, the Chi Machine has great potential in health maintenance and disease management for those who suffer from Secondary Lymphoedema and Venous Oedema of the legs.
Taking into account the high cost of traditional treatments for secondary lymphoedema and venous oedema, the Chi Machine is a cheap, effective and convenient alternative. For people without any medical conditions, the Sun Ancon Chi Machine offers a way to lose weight and body fat without the need to pay for gym memberships or to undertake impractical, strenuous exercise regimes.
The extensive research undertaken by Flinders University illustrates the commitment Hsin Ten has to the customer. This groundbreaking research has separated Hsin Ten and the Sun Ancon Chi Machine from companies producing imitation machines.
– The Sun Ancon Chi Machine is the ONLY Chi Machine to be supported by high quality scientific and medical research.
– Never before (or since) has any university actually endorsed a product like this.
– Everyone experienced benefits, not just secondary lymphoedema and venous oedema patiens.
– Flinders University has independently produced 3 booklets detailing the research results and outlining the conditions of secondary lymphoedema, venous oedema and patient follow-up testimonials.
– The Sun Ancon Chi Machine is now recognized as a medical device by the Australian Therapeutic Goods administration based on the strength of the research results, as well as in Japan and Canada.
– No imitation Chi Machine can claim the same benefits as the Sun Ancon Chi Machine as outlined in the research results.Ancon, bbl, bbw, brazilian butt lift, Chi, conductive cream, conductive lotion for slimming machines, fat transfer, healthy eating, Lymphatic drainage, lymphatic drainage massage, lymphatic massage, Machine, Medical, mommy makeover, plastic surgery, recovery house, Research, Results, Sun, tummy tuck, your body contour